Rows and rows of portable structures housing six personnel to a structure with small 3m by 3m rooms with a unisex Refresher bay.

Zaza Zoom (D8, EN)

Postby Delmi Koor » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:58 pm

Delmi arose from her bunk and readied herself after catching some z's that evening in preparation for the night mission. After gearing up she walked out of her mobile unit and walked out to the perimeter of the base. She plugged in her ear piece as she glanced out over the jungle view trying to catch movement or any sign of life out there... That is when her suit beeped in her ear letting her know that someone was approaching from behind her. She turned to see who was walking up...
Freelance | Human | Gunslinger | Smuggler | Daughter of Anaxes | Pew Pew
Carries/Wears: Model 1 “Nova Viper” Blaster Pistol; H-7 “Equalizer” Blaster Pistol; Backpack
"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk." -Delmi Koor
Description
Delmi Koor

Re: Zaza Zoom (D8, EN)

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:07 pm

She likely recognized the figure that came walking towards her. They hadn't really talked yesterday, it had been all business, bet neither were likely very forgettable.

"Getting a bit of air before the mission?" Zane as as he got closer. "From what I'm told it's going to be a big one after all."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Delmi Koor » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:46 pm

She nodded, “Yup. Got my rest in early. Don’t look like there’ll be much of a chance for it tonight.”
Carries/Wears: Model 1 “Nova Viper” Blaster Pistol; H-7 “Equalizer” Blaster Pistol; Backpack
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:00 am

"That's the truth." He said with a soft sigh. "I'll likely manage though, one was or another. I sleep in most mornings." Still that silly bird hunt earlier that morning had him up and about sooner then he'd like. "I don't think we were ever formally introduced though. I'm Zanebry Varliss, you can call me Zan if you like."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Delmi Koor » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:26 am

“Delmi Koor.” She said with a quiet nod.

She paused for a few seconds, letting the silence fill the air before asking, “So what brings you on this crusade Mr. Zane?”
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:04 am

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Miss Koor." Zane said with a polite nod, before shifting his gaze towards the scenary.

"It just seemed like the place to be? If that makes any sense. The people here need help, and the more of it the better from what I've seen. What about you? If that's not prying?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Delmi Koor » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:02 pm

"Was here when the fighting started. Lost an arm to a vibroax. Commander Malcolm was nice enough to get me compensated for my losses and fitted with a new arm. Was told I didn't need to pay them back... but that's not how I conduct myself. I pay my debts." She said as she flicked a toothpick out towards the forest.
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:12 pm

"Mmmm...." He nodded in understanding, reaching into his jacket and producing his pack of some. A pop of the top and flick of the wrist would set one between his lips. "Its wise to not leave many debts in your wake."

"Never know when someone might come and try and collect them."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Delmi Koor » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:18 pm

She nodded, "Exactly."

She jumped up to sit on a crate that was next to her and began softly tapping the side of the metal container with the sole of her foot.

"So how long you know the Captain?"
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:04 pm

"Round about two years now." He replied as he lit the cigarette, taking a moment to store his lighter and take a long drag after.

"Though I admit we dont get together all too often." He turned towards the woman, observing her for a moment. "I take it that you're a more recent acquaintance?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Delmi Koor » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:11 pm

"Yup. Only talked a couple of times since the fighting started." She said with a nod.

"I think you shoulda let him kill that chump to be honest..."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:24 pm

"Niall doesn't need to murder anyone, or be involved in it." Zane offered with a shake of his head. "And that's what it would of been if we killed his after capture."

"Now that he's locked away? Well... I'll see what I can do, I've been meaning to have a chat with Claire anyways."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Delmi Koor » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:18 am

“In my experience it’s not the ones you kill that haunt you... it’s the ones you let get away that you regret later... for any number of reasons.” She replied calmly.

“Plus... he could use a bit more hair on his chest.”
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:42 am

"I think that's a bit different for each being, Miss Koor. Some will sleep better with a man like Melv dead and behind him, some might sleep worse. I'm pretty sure the Captain is the latter, and that's not necessarily a bad thing." He took a drag from his cigarette.

"It just means other's need to step forward from time to time, and allow them to be that way,"

That brought on a light laugh. "Niall, wouldn't look good with hair on his chest, he's born to be a baby face. Hair on his chest, would get much the same reactions as a beard on you. At least in my opinion."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Delmi Koor » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:47 am

“Didn’t take you for such a literal man.” She said with a chuckle.

“I was talking more about being tough. I’m a wookie compared to the Cap on the ‘hair on your chest’ scale. Don’t need to be covered in hair... but everyone can use a bit of an edge to ‘em in my opinion. Scars give character.”
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:59 am

"I'm not." He relied with a light laugh. "And I know what you meant."

"I'm just of a different opinion, it's nice to have a few people out there that don't have to be so full of character. Does that put them at risk? Yeah, it likely does." His lips tugged into a half smile as he took a drag from his cigarette. "I think it helps remind the rest of us, that the galaxy isn't just full of blaster burns and curse words though."

"I suppose if scars give character, I have more then enough of them for three or four people anyways."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Delmi Koor » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:54 am

"Last I checked though... they're non-transferable. Sure it's nice to have a poster boy here and there... but damn is it boring if there isn't any substance behind it. I'm sure the nobles and fancy folks all soak it up. But for the normal joe or jane like myself... Just makes those motivational videos and posters so cheesy. He's made a tool rather than a person... Which frankly I feel bad for him for. Sucks being someone's tool." She replied.

"I like the dude. Wish him the best. That's why I wish he was a bit more relate-able. Not so cliche; with a bit more humanity to him rather than nobility. But perhaps I'm just too much of a cynic... Never had too much trust in some of the elements of the Republic. The types that use folks like him for propaganda. Intelligence and political types."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:27 am

"So you're saying there is no humanity in nobility then?" His lips quirked into a amused smile. "Next you will be telling me that peace is a lie, and the force will set you free."

Zan shook his head. "I think there is all kinds of people in the glaxay, and nobility? Yes it can be a bad thing, it can mean you're used, but as you said, that's a benefit to some people. Something that the jaded assholes out there can't give. Sure maybe that Melv fellow deserved to die, but if the Captain had done it, those pilots would know it, and everything he has done would come into question. Everything he thinks he is would come into question, it would tear him apart. Not to mention the damage that would do to the Republic.

"What I think you want is for him to be like you, but I'll tell you now it will never happen. Some people aren't just built that way, and Niall is one of them. If you want to be sorry for him? Do so. He is being used, but let me tell you he is aware of it. He agreed to it, Heck, he even believes in it."

"Can't blame you for disliking those political and intelligence types though, most of em aren't good people."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Delmi Koor » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:54 am

"Woah woah... little touchy aren't we? I have no idea what this whole 'force set you free' thing is supposed to mean... That some Jedi stuff or something?"

She cocked her eyebrow, "Ain't sayin' nobles ain't people... but also sayin' they don't understand a lot of stuff that normal folks go through. Killing someone in a firefight who killed your little sister isn't anything that should rip a guy apart. No pilot would of batted an eye if that dude ended up dead before we dragged him on that shuttle. Putting the white gloves on in life doesn't do anything good for the man or his people. He's gonna end up being some important leader in the future no doubt... and the less experience he has getting some scar tissue will mean he doesn't get the little person who hasn't got anything; whose whole life is a fight... His people need someone who isn't that soft... someone who knows when enough is enough."

She shrugged, "But hey... he's your friend. Maybe he's too weak to be a grown-up like you say. Maybe the Republic crumbles if it doesn't reach its perfect standard every time. Maybe I'm an asshole cuz since I was a kid it was 'toss her into the fire and see how she does' style teaching. If it were me though... I wouldn't hold his hand like he was a little kid. My dad fought for the Republic for a long time... and even after it screwed him over he loved the idea of the Republic... That those who are strong and fortunate in life should scar themselves up to protect and serve the ones who have to go it alone. I don't think the Cap or the Republic would falter over dealing out a little justice. If he started killin' babies in his pass-time or something then I think we got another problem."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:34 am

"Hear enough Sith say something, and it ends up being something you remember." Zanebry offered in explanation.

"In a firefight I wouldn't of batted an eye, the man killed his sister after all. Even if it was in an accident. But that wasn't what this was, and you know it. There is a difference between shooting someone in a fight, and walking up to a unconscious man and injured man and shooting him dead. The fact that you don't see that difference? Is likely a conversation you should have with yourself." he sighed and shook his head. "Scar tissue doesn't help you make that decision any easier then integrity. It just means you cross lines, and you cross too many of those and more people just end up getting hurt. You can end up like that Eralynn lady, on a hellish tirade because her husband is dead, and she miscarried their child in her sorrow."

"I think you're underestimating, Niall, and maybe that's because how you were raised." He shook his head. "I don't know your father or what he went through for the republic, or what he would have done in Niall's place. But I'm pretty sure that whatever he instilled in you, it wasn't what he believed in. Else you would be wearing the same pretty blue Uniform that he did, getting your scars, and preventing others from getting ones."

"Of course on that point I could be wrong." He took along drag on his cigarette, and looked the woman over. "Though now I'm curious if you think of yourself as one of those that go alone, one of those that need protecting? Hope that question isn't offensive."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Delmi Koor » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:50 am

"When you shoot to kill and injure the man instead... ain't nothing wrong with finishing what you intended to do all along. Some line's gotta be crossed. That's life... That's leadership. That's integrity in it's own right if you ask me. I'm not the one underestimating him; I got faith in that kid. He seems to have heart... I just don't like babyin' him and tellin' him he's perfect already." She said with a shrug.

"Not all of us are born into families that can wear the blue so easily. Some of us aren't wanted even as a grunt. Some of us had to find whatever way we could to keep on living until we could extend ourselves out to helpin' others. I may have once needed protection... but the life I live has made it so I don't really need that anymore. But... now I got my own shit in order, sure... there's something good about helpin' out those who can't help themselves. But the examples before me... my dad and his comrades like Commander Malcolm... their stories aren't stories of holding back and playin' it nice. Maybe Havoc squad isn't representative of the Republic as a whole... but without them... Alderaan is under an Imperial boot now... as are a dozen other systems."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:09 am

"I think were just going to wear on each others nerves if we continue this." Zane offered with a half smile. "I'm fairly certain neither of us are going to budge on where we stand."

"I'm curious though, would you wear the Republic blue now? Niall seemed interested in having you join, and you're quite good with those pistols of yours."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Delmi Koor » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:12 pm

She tilted her head, "I dunno. I know Cap saying what he does comes from a good place. And hell, if the Republic was all Caps then maybe it'd be easier to jump on the wagon. But... when like your whole life someone ignores you or thinks you're trash... and then suddenly cuz you cut your hair they think you're the greatest... feels kinda suspicious to be honest. You get to thinkin'... 'well what the hell was all that shit about in the past? why were you such a douche then?'..."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:26 pm

"A proper hair cut, and a bit of makeup can go a long way for a lady." Z offered with a slight smile. "That's taking thing literally though, and I know that's not what you mean." He took a slow drag from his cigarette. "I know it is a bit suspicious, but it can only take one or two things for people to see you in a different light."

"Take that Melv fellow for example. If he hadn't picked up his blaster again, and joined Eralynn. If he'd served his time, and joined the Republic instead. Tried saving people instead of hurting them. He probably wouldn't be in a cell right now, half shot to death. Maybe he'd be sitting down with the Captain over a glass of whiskey, apologizing for what he'd done. I think Niall would even forgive him, after a fashion."

"That's choice though, maybe that new haircut of yours, has helped people see you in a different light. Still means it's your choice whether to forgive them for their actions or not."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Delmi Koor » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:39 pm

"See that's the other thing that's like... not appealing about the whole Republic thing. Sure... the pay's nice and you get all sorts of people giving you awards and shit... But with it comes all the rules and this expectation that you gotta be like... not a person anymore." She said as she brushed off the corner of the box she was sitting on.

"Like for me... I got this lady I gotta kill. But if I was like an officer or somethin'... then like if I found this bitch... I couldn't like just give her what she deserves. I'd have to sit down and have a drink with her and listen to her ask for forgiveness bullshit. If I were to see her today... 'pew' right between the eyes. No consequences. No restrictions. Just justice."
Description
Delmi Koor

Next
Forum Statistics