Rows and rows of portable structures housing six personnel to a structure with small 3m by 3m rooms with a unisex Refresher bay.

Reminiscing Havoc (D9 EA, Jace's)

Postby Delmi Koor » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:40 pm

Delmi walked up to the door of the commander with trepidation. She'd gotten a communique to come to the office before a mission that was to take place later in the afternoon. She tapped on the door lightly as she waited for a response from the other side.
Freelance | Human | Gunslinger | Smuggler | Daughter of Anaxes | Pew Pew
Carries/Wears: Model 1 “Nova Viper” Blaster Pistol; H-7 “Equalizer” Blaster Pistol; Backpack
"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk." -Delmi Koor
Description
Delmi Koor

Re: Reminiscing Havoc (D9 EA, Jace's)

Postby Jace Malcom » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:48 pm

The door slid open to find Jace looking at his armor giving it a thorough inspection before combat.
Republic Commander | Special Forces | War Hero | Heavily Scarred | Human

Played by Dapper Dog
Jace Malcom

Postby Delmi Koor » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:56 pm

"Commander Malcolm. Delmi Koor, reporting as you requested." She said with her trepidation apparent in her voice. She stood up straight in near military fashion as the door closed behind her.
Carries/Wears: Model 1 “Nova Viper” Blaster Pistol; H-7 “Equalizer” Blaster Pistol; Backpack
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Jace Malcom » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:49 am

“Go ahead and coming, going to be a busy day, rough all around,” he said honestly.

“Seems like you are adjusting well to the new arm?”

Played by Dapper Dog
Jace Malcom

Postby Delmi Koor » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:23 am

"Yeah... it's real nice. Never really got to thank you for that. First time meeting now and all." She said with a softer voice.

"I'm guessing... it had to do with my dad, right? Getting this arm for me."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Jace Malcom » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:17 am

“I don’t do favors like that, you’r ea good fighter and you did right by us, I returned the favor. I try not to get in the middle of family business. Got burned more than once as a leader,” he replied.

“Been doing good work in the fight, I consider it money well spent for the Republic.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Jace Malcom

Postby Delmi Koor » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:51 am

She paused for a moment before nodding her head, “I’m glad to be an asset.”

The aide had told me no strings attached...

She then replied, “Dad always spoke well of you. When he’d get drunk enough to tell old stories.”
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Jace Malcom » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:16 pm

“Well we are glad to have you, you had no reason to be here, so if you are then it’s because… well I hope you see this as a good cause worth fighting for. I didn’t do anything anyone else would not have done. I did my job, I took an oath and I have always tried to live up to the responsibility the Republic has given me,” he said honestly.

“I would never ask a soldier to do anything I would not.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Jace Malcom

Postby Delmi Koor » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:46 pm

"It's been an interesting experience..." She said with a nod. "Kinda getting to see some of the things my dad would have seen... Even in his bitterness he never lost faith in the Republic. He always taught me to repay my debts... to value the honor in my name more than my life... So I'm here to make sure I respond to the kindness dealt to me with my very best effort. Not bring shame to the family name."

She straightened up her spine a bit as her lips tightened. She could feel emotions bubbling up to the surface that she had stifled for many years, and she fought to keep it held in. "It was rough... growing up. Ever since dad was disgraced for something he didn't even do... No school wanted to take me. My dad taught me everything I know... was on his special operations team at 13 working for a noble on Brentaal IV... I went with him and was a part of the team cause there was nowhere else for me to go... When he died a year after that... I had to make it on my own. Been fighting for not much more than food and a chance at finding the lady who set my dad up for the past few years..."

She moved her finger to brush away a silent tear from the corner of her eye discreetly, "People here are a bit soft... but it's not always a bad soft. There's something... unique here I can't quite put my finger on. The weird thing is being wanted for my skills with a blaster after a life of being a pariah... Guess enough time has passed for people to forget."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Jace Malcom » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:28 pm

“Bad things happen and I can say with honesty that the Republic isn’t perfect but you get what you put into it. Sometimes folks make bad decisions, sometimes bad decisions are made for them,” he replied solemnly.

“Well I hope things turn for the better, you are doing good work here and just being here is already a good thing. We can’t get this mission done without good people making sacrifices for the greater good. Some of them the ultimate sacrifice.”

“Personally I am more interested in the work to be done after the campaign is done,” he said thoughtfully. “Helping the people recover is important as the good Senator is quick to remind me.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Jace Malcom

Postby Delmi Koor » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:35 pm

She nodded, "That stuff with Garig Port... That's... just nuts. I went with Senator Laresh to meet with the gang boss out there a bit ago... Then today... seeing that wreckage, it's like a different world. Stuff like that takes so long to fix. Wish we could have taken out the Mando leadership while we were there... Had dinner with them and everything. Wish we could have stopped it somehow..."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Jace Malcom » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:03 pm

“Senseless and put too many non-combatants in danger. I figured the Mandalorians were honorable but this was slaughter. Just want to prevent them from doing any further damage to the populace,” he said.

Played by Dapper Dog
Jace Malcom

Postby Delmi Koor » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:10 pm

She nodded and lowered her head for a few moments. She tapped her foot a couple of times nervously. "Sir... I've been thinking... And... wanted to know... what you remembered of my father. And... what you think about what happened to him. There's part of me that wants to try and prove everyone wrong about the things he was accused of... Maybe join the Republic... vie for a spot in Havoc Squad like he was... But then there's this part of me that worries like... with that comes the same traps that come with being surrounded by diplomats and bureaucrats..."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Jace Malcom » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:02 am

“I would say that what happened was a raw deal, but I wasn’t privy to everything. I don’t like to speculate but I do know that if you decide to do something you should do it because you want to. Not to make up for or trying to fix the flaws of your parents. Parents can cast a long shadow, and I can see where a child may feel obligated to fix a mess,” he said solemnly.

“You should do what is best for you, he was a good man despite his troubles and I think he would be proud if you did what you felt was best for you, not to try and fix what happened to him. Live your life as best you can. You only get one shot at it.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Jace Malcom

Postby Delmi Koor » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:00 am

She listened to his response intently with her hands behind her back in military fashion. The words seemed to have a familiar ring... no... his voice seemed to take on a different tenor. She could hear her own father speaking through the mouth of the commander. His armor draped over the commander's body. Face over the commander's face. The solemn grizzled resolve overlaying the commander's own.

She took a moment to think before returning his solemn nod with one of her own. "You're right, sir. I think that is what he'd want... It's what he worked for in life. I'll think on what I should do in the days ahead..."

She stood at attention, "Thank you, sir. Sorry to intrude on your busy schedule."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Jace Malcom » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:02 am

“I am not sure I am right, just giving my advice as best as I see it,” he replied. “Have a good day Delmi, and keep up the good work.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Jace Malcom

Postby Delmi Koor » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:09 am

She nodded her head formally and then moved to leave, but stopped right as she reached the door. Without turning around to look at him she said, "Commander... Thank you. I know you'll say it's nothing... But I haven't had much kindness sent my way... Whatever happens before the end of this... I want you to know I'm thankful."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Jace Malcom » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:14 am

“You’re right, I would say that, but I am here to help if I can. Just keep doing the good work, and that is thanks enough,” he said honestly.

Played by Dapper Dog
Jace Malcom

Postby Delmi Koor » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:13 am

She nodded gratefully before hitting the open door switch on the wall and making her way out into the busy camp...

/scene
Description
Delmi Koor

Forum Statistics