OOC General Chat

Dark Exodus planning thread

Postby Tethys Carrack » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:09 pm

Figured it makes sense to have a planning thread rather than just a PM chain.

So.

Bridge--Engineering--Hangar
|---------/
Observation Deck

All connections are 2 rounds, but the Hangar can only be reached from Engineering. Lunda and D are in Engineering, Zash in the hangar, crew on the observation deck.

Tethys cares less about stopping Zash from escaping than about saving Lunda and the crew, so those would be her priorities. Between those two, probably talking to Lunda would come first...
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Re: Dark Exodus planning thread

Postby Layne Hoshin » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:17 pm

Well the way I see it, if we don't stop Lunda and Dynos, the ship will crash right into the Valiant Star, which will kill a lot more people than just the crew of the ship we're on; so they should be our priority.
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader
ship: The 'Sunset Dawn'

"So... Wrath of the Emperor eh? What's that about?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Tethys Carrack » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:23 pm

Yup!

Did you want to exchange monologues with Zash first?

Hm, so we can talk to Lunda and Dynos over comms. Though being there in person might be a good idea anyway... more immediate personal connection for RP purposes, and also less likely that Dynos would be able to just kill her if she starts wavering.

Tethys does not have a good enough Athletics check to be very likely of cutting her transit time between locations (Average difficulty). I'm guessing Layne might? Maybe Durasay? ...Probably not Baes?
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Durasay Mixo » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:55 pm

Durasay is not overtly familiar with Zash, yet. He wants at Dynos. And normally I'd say be willing to forgo Lunda and the crew.

Save for one detail: Loss Prevention. He'd do all he can to save as many people. But priority is Dynos/Lunda encounter. Stop the ramming speed.
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Senator | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force
Carries: Paired Heavy Blaster Pistols w/ Bantha Eye Lasersight | Vibrosword (+1 Melee Defense) | Utility Belt with gear | Heavy Battle Armor (1/1 Defense)
Languages: Basic, Huttese, Mando'a, Pantoran

"We won't leave anyone behind."
Durasay Mixo

Postby Baesal Zyn » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:01 pm

Can I hack the ship's system to open the observation door remotely and lock the doo leading to the hangar?
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
"Could I have been wrong?" -Baesal Zyn
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Baesal Zyn

Postby Layne Hoshin » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:05 pm

I've got good athletics. Also I'd like us to talk to Zash first. That doesn't cost us anything timewise until we start moving, right?
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Baesal Zyn » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:06 pm

Or do something
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
Baesal Zyn

Postby Tethys Carrack » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:09 pm

Yes, Tethys is a Personnel duty gal herself. Where's that line from KoTOR 2....

when fighting a Jedi, you wound the Padawan first, then let the rest take care of itself. .... If there's no whiny little Padawan, start shooting innocents - not to kill, just enough so that they're gonna die unless the Jedi does something to save them.

So predictable. :lol:

Would Layne or Baes like to take the first line to Zash? It sounds like we get to dialogue with her a little bit if we want, without using up our limited time? (Though we may want to double-confirm that.) All Tethys would really have to say to her is "give back our padawan, b***!"
Last edited by Tethys Carrack on Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:09 pm

Baesal Zyn wrote:Can I hack the ship's system to open the observation door remotely and lock the doo leading to the hangar?

You cannot, the access points are only manual at the locations.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Layne Hoshin » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:10 pm

I guess I can take the first line.

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Durasay Mixo » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:30 pm

So. The observation deck also has no atmosphere. My armor is vacuum sealed.
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Senator | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force
Carries: Paired Heavy Blaster Pistols w/ Bantha Eye Lasersight | Vibrosword (+1 Melee Defense) | Utility Belt with gear | Heavy Battle Armor (1/1 Defense)

Durasay Mixo

Postby Tethys Carrack » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:35 pm

Durasay Mixo wrote:So. The observation deck also has no atmosphere. My armor is vacuum sealed.

I think it has atmo for now, it's just compromised so time is limited. We don't have to brave vacuum to get in there until after Round 7... and if we wait longer than that all the crew in there will be dead anyway. Presumably if we're not too late, we get everyone out and then use Door Logic to seal off the compromised area from the rest of the ship.

It seems... kind of logical for all/most of us to run down to Engineering first? Even if we use up all five rounds dealing with Lunda and Dynos, that still leaves one of us two rounds to race over to Observation and save the crew, if my math's right.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Baesal Zyn » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:16 pm

Sounds right

But Baes don't really want to talk to Zash
Baesal Zyn

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:25 am

So, are we running to Engineering?

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Durasay Mixo » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:37 am

Let's do it.

Also, even without the Force, I might be able to snap Lunda pit of itml.

Durasay Mixo

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:59 am

Yeah, I have decent hopes for talking to her. You’re a good person, Lunda! Push the darkness away! Don’t let it dominate your destiny! :D
Tethys Carrack

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:00 am

... we’ll even make Layne apologize!

... maybe?

...no?

Anyway, on my way home, will roll Cool then.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Baesal Zyn » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:33 am

I will have to go to my class soon

but I want to try to talk to lunda too
Baesal Zyn

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:54 am

We have a long D11, so I'm not saying we should dawdle but we don't have to race OOC, I think? People can get their roleplay in.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Baesal Zyn » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:02 am

Sure, si now we try to run to the engine room?
Baesal Zyn

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:35 am

Yes... though we might be waiting for DD to list off initiative? Not sure.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Baesal Zyn » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:14 pm

*spins*
Baesal Zyn

Postby Baesal Zyn » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:01 am

So... do i go or do we wait the dapper's initiative order?
Baesal Zyn

Postby Durasay Mixo » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:48 pm

I think we are waiting on initiative order. See how slots turn out to figure out who goes best where on the fly.

Durasay Mixo

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:31 pm

Things will probably get back on track today since yesterday was 4th of July, and D11 came with built-in extension. :)

Good luck, brave heroes!
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Next
Forum Statistics