OOC General Chat

Re: Memorable Moments

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:05 am

Subject: [D10 LA] Fear is the Mind Killer (closed)

Luth Khalan wrote:She nodded firmly, her expression stony with determination. "I know. I do this with the intention of never going back. I believe that things were leading me here in the end."

Damn... my heart is breaking for Arali... :cry:
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:51 pm

Vasir Rexa wrote:Image
“And yet how far has my knowledge taken you? How often do you cling to those seedlets that give you inspiration in the long night? You may hate me, but I have molded you, made you who you are. I have been there every step of the way as you utilize my knowledge to make you strong,” Zash replied with a coy grin.

She's spot on with this retort. And not just about Baes. >_>
Mandalorian | Clan Vizsla | Hired Gun | Heavy | Scarred | Left Cyberarm | Beard of Wonder | Former Pit Fighter | Vindicator | Rockstar | Mad Dog | Man o' War | Shriek-Hawk Tattoo | Neutral

VX Sidewinder (Telescopic Optics, Electronic Sighting) | Paired Vamblades | Mandalorian Armor (Repulsorlift, Kiirium, Superior) | Thermal Cloak | Spare Clip | Stims
Wounds: 19 | Strain: 12 | Soak: 8 (9 vs. Fire/Blasters) | Defence: 1

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:52 pm

Subject: [Day 11 - Late Afternoon] No One Left Behind

V1-V0 wrote:Striding in to the conflict, V1 shrugged off the incoming fire. Its heavy blaster rifle firing at maximum capacity as it protected the innocent.

"Please remain calm and proceed to the nearest designated safe area. Please remain calm and . . . HALT Miscreant that weapon is illegal by Republic Law, you are under arrest! Surrender or . . . . miscreant eliminated."

It continued on, firing as it strode forward until it reached a partially blocked door with civilians trapped behind it.

"Please step back and maintain a safe distance while this unit clears the blockage."

One heave of the battledroids enhanced servos and the door slammed open.

"Please proceed in an orderly manner. Do not run!"

The civilians poured past the droid, one child stopping briefly to hug Veeone's leg.

Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:33 pm

In which Rav demonstrates why you should always have redundant power supplies:

Rav Devaroo wrote:"Thank you kindly." Rav nodded at Arali and ran into the control room.

His gaze was drawn to the control screens showing that a launch was in progress. The computer system looked way more complicated than anything he had ever dealt with before. A low whistle escaped from his lips, this was going to be tough...

But then he noticed something and laughed. "Haha, cheap-ass piece of crap." Walking over to a small unit in the corner he reached down and removed something.

There was a dramatic whirring sound as everything shut down. The glow of the Mass Driver faded as the launch stopped.

"Alright, let's go home." Rav activated his comlink, calling Jace Malcolm directly. "Mission complete Commander."

-----

Major Victory!
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:37 am

Subject: Empty Bowl [D11 EE, Three Drinks]

Zanebry Varliss wrote:As Aran made the effort to move into a meditative position a frown made it's way into his lips. Regarding the young man for a moment he reached into his glass and fished out a ice cube. Aran might be a bit surprised when the frozen cube of water came flying at his head. "Relax. I don't like talking to monks."

Z throwing ice cube at Aran just made me think of GMs throwing dice after unruly players. :lol:
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:08 am

I could probably choose *a lot* from this particular event, but Durasay and Baesal here is making me want to reach for the popcorn. This is intense!

Subject: [Day 11 - Late Afternoon] Dark Exodus (Closed)

Durasay Mixo wrote:"He killed her! He killed my friend!" Durasay screamed as he was tackled by the Togruta, the vibrosword clattering against the durasteel bulkhead. His armor absorbing the majority of the impact, he raised himself up slowly, looking to Baesal.

"He took your arm! He's an animal! And he needs to be slaughtered, like an animal!" Rage burned in his words, as his face was a visage of hate.

"Why! Why are we letting him live! He's a spy! An infiltrator! He undermined this war effort, and he'll just escape if we let him live!"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:56 am

Lyseil Panteer wrote:I could probably choose *a lot* from this particular event, but Durasay and Baesal here is making me want to reach for the popcorn. This is intense!

Subject: [Day 11 - Late Afternoon] Dark Exodus (Closed)

Durasay Mixo wrote:"He killed her! He killed my friend!" Durasay screamed as he was tackled by the Togruta, the vibrosword clattering against the durasteel bulkhead. His armor absorbing the majority of the impact, he raised himself up slowly, looking to Baesal.

"He took your arm! He's an animal! And he needs to be slaughtered, like an animal!" Rage burned in his words, as his face was a visage of hate.

"Why! Why are we letting him live! He's a spy! An infiltrator! He undermined this war effort, and he'll just escape if we let him live!"

Holy crap, this is great stuff!
Niall Organa

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:16 pm

Dapper Dog wrote:Oddyn is a dad.

*manly tears*
Mandalorian | Clan Vizsla | Hired Gun | Heavy | Scarred | Left Cyberarm | Beard of Wonder | Former Pit Fighter | Vindicator | Rockstar | Mad Dog | Man o' War | Shriek-Hawk Tattoo | Neutral

VX Sidewinder (Telescopic Optics, Electronic Sighting) | Paired Vamblades | Mandalorian Armor (Repulsorlift, Kiirium, Superior) | Thermal Cloak | Spare Clip | Stims
Wounds: 19 | Strain: 12 | Soak: 8 (9 vs. Fire/Blasters) | Defence: 1

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Tethys Carrack » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:45 am

Subject: [Day 12 - Late Afternoon] All Hands!

V1-V0 wrote:"Repel Boarders!"

Veeone marched to its duty station. A little too quickly and took a blaster bolt to the chest for getting in front of its squad. Still that was it's job, getting hit so the squishy organics did not have to.

Once in position it needed to locate the Mandalorians that were sniping at the squad. Oh, how it had become to despise snipers in this campaign. Dashing from cover to cover it soon triangulated their locations from the barely missing blaster bolts.

"Danger enemy snipers in the vicinity. Suggest maximal firepower on location this unit is about to designate."

Receiving the nod from the rest of its duty team, Veeone stood and unleashed its heavy blaster rifle at the snipers location. The rest of the squad joined in, including a couple of low yield grenades to help things along.

"Calculating ninety nine point one six percent chance of enemy sniper neutralisation."

A bloodied Mandalorian helmet rolled out from the location with a blaster burn through the faceplate. Veeone looked down at it.

"Make that one hundred percent."

Too perfect. :D
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:59 pm

Subject: Food for Thought [D12 MM]

Niall Organa wrote:"Chase..." Niall sighed, rubbing his forehead with one hand. "As one officer to another, I ask that you trust my judgement. I was there. I made the call. Don't second-guess the person who was in the field."

He turned, sort of, to Azura, still rubbing his forehead. "Azura..." He sighed again. "No one is underestimating the good you've done. I thank you for that. At the same time, I hope you recognized that you helped to cause some harm, and some people respond to that." He sighed again. "And it's largely on my estimation of Jax, and his of you, that I helped you." His lips quirked. "And because I felt it was unfair to judge someone without understanding them better."

"Now." He said firmly, straightening. "Can I ask the two of you to be civil for the course of one breakfast? Otherwise I'm going to ask you to find other tables. And I can enjoy a nice conversation with Rav, thank you very much."

Poor Cap. :lol:
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:44 pm

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1110&view=unread#p27019

Another good pun, as always. But it was the last line that got me.

Aran Enfas wrote:Aran took a deep breath to steady himself as he heard Hacha over his commlink. His heart had been in his throat since Varo had leapt at Galen. He had felt sure that Galen would fall, and he would be alone with Varo and an impossible choice about whether to stay or who to take with him. He had felt it with such a certainty that he had been sure that he was sensing the future, as he had tried to do in deep meditation but never succeeded.

But he was safe, dragging Oddyn behind him, and Aran followed with Azura throw over his shoulders in a fit of uncharacteristic strength. No-one out cold can stay flashed irreverently through his mind, but he spared no breath for it, nor for the warlord whose mad last act of murder was crumbling around him. As he collapsed on to the shuttle, he said the only thing.

“The Force will be with you, Hacha Tsuko. Always.”
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:08 pm

Hacha... :cry:
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:33 am

Aran Enfas wrote:Aran, for once, was speechless. Then, he seemed downcast.

"I don't know, Zee," he said, using the nickname for the first time, "I don't think she really wrote it." He bowed his head, reaching one hand up to cover his face. Then he slowly raised it, saying, "After all, she could have used a..." he switched the gesture of grief to adjusting his sun-shades, "ghost-writer."

Zanebry Varliss wrote:It was instinct mostly that caused Z's reaction, and lifting up a hand he slapped Aran on the back of the head. Hopefully it wouldn't send the kids sunglasses flying. No other reply was needed.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:22 am

viewtopic.php?f=106&t=1169

Durasay Mixo wrote:"I understand that the video won't be turned off. But as a Senator, I am exercising my right to disable the audio recording." Durasay narrowed his eyes as he was searched by the Marines, his arms out stretched while the scanner went over his silhouette. They seemed to be being extra thorough with him.

To be expected. Like I would jeopardize my position here and now. No. The opportunity was stolen from me. His head held high as they finished the weapons scan.

The door slid open. Durasay entered, and noticed two of the marines entering. Reaching out with the Force, he smiled. "You don't need to follow me in. Just watch from the monitors. If he tries something, you can rush in." Offering a crisp salute with his words, Durasay moved past them, the door sliding shut behind him.

A lone chair was sitting before the cell where his adversary was held. Durasay, dressed in his BDU, strode confidently to it. His footfalls were surprisingly soft. Sliding into the seat, he allowed his yellow-amber eyes to fall upon the other man. Anger and hatred welling up within him.

"I hope you know you're only alive because of the Jedi."

I've already got the popcorn out for this one.
Niall Organa

Postby Aran Enfas » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:27 pm

Galen Sol wrote:Galen carefully wove around the crowds on his bike. From the beach, he'd salvaged a hull fragment of the Pride of Kryze. Now, he's was looking for an appropriate location to display it. It wasn't much, but it deserved to placed somewhere where it might last and not simply be washed away or buried in the sand.

Finally, he found a central square with a platform where it could be viewed by the celebrants. He left the fragment there. The names of the resistance fighters who had lost their lives in the fight against Varo had been roughly etched into the metal, standing out prominently.

Pride of the Resistance

Aidjona Trasai
Danston Teaher
Alirene Renccro

Galen wasn't an artist or writer. The memorial was simple and a bit presumptuous. But, it felt right. The locals could easily remove it if they wished. There was also room to add to it.

He rode a short distance away and parked the bike, collapsing and securing it, so he could enjoy the party.
Jedi Order| Miralukan | Monastic in Mirrorshades | A Good Padawan, Who Craves Neither Adventure Nor Excitement | Profile
Equipment: Very little. Right leg cyberleg, walking with a staff made of vibro-axe haft.In combat, stimpacks, no walking staff.
Aran Enfas

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:40 am

I usually don't post too much Memorable Moments from scenes I'm involved in myself, but this one made me have a good laugh.

Subject: Gambling? I'm in! (D13, EE, Three Drinks)

Niall Organa wrote:Niall raised one eyebrow. "I would argue that creativity is more the issue than time. I've certainly met people for whom an hour would just mean extra drudgery. And then, on the other hand, I've known some who could make five minutes a very enjoyable time indeed." The particular phrasing of that caught up with him. Especially spotting Lyseil's smile. Niall fought back one of his own, and only resisted kicking her under the table because he figured he'd have about a forty-percent chance of hitting Z or Garth by mistake.

He cleared his throat, narrowly avoiding a blush. "I leave it to each of you to decide which one of those categories I fall into." He said, sorting out his cards.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:22 pm

Aran smuggling in various party-aids to his fellow heroes is pretty great:

viewtopic.php?f=111&t=1179#p27683

Aran Enfas wrote:Aran's smile faltered a little, as if he had gone to pet a spukami on the street and got within swipe range before noticing its raised hackles. Then the smile returned, in its usual understated, one-with-the-universe sort of form. He didn't consider whether or not the smile might be part of Azura's problem.

"Then I will let actions speak louder than words!" He set the duffle down on a visitor's chair, unzipped it, and started rooting around inside. There was some fumbling and hesitation as he tried to decide on which one to start with. No, that later... uh, I don't think she'd find that one as funny as I thought she would, yet... and with a quiet "Aha!" he pulled out a small, insulated-looking thermos, and then a second.

"I thought you all might appreciate some gifts to speed your recovery, and let you know that you are being thought of." He stepped over towards Azura, only close enough that if they both fully extended their hands she could easily reach, and held one thermos a little way out in supplication. "As I assured the orderly droids," he said, his voice deadpan, "this is definitely special Jedi tea, grown in the temple garden. Because liquor would not be allowed in Medical." He turned to bring in Galen and Hacha as well. "Similarly, I would also not be allowed to bring in any other contraband, such as Marcan herb, although I found no indication that that was anyone's taste." He paused and shrugged a little sheepishly, and went on, as if some sort of explanation was owed, "It turns out that spacers like to unwind, and such things can be found even aboard a Republic ship during wartime."

Aran Enfas wrote:Aran remained smiling, but mixed it with a furrowed brow. "Ah..." as Azura smelled the whiskey in the thermos, he hoped her expression would clarify things. "As I said, it is definitely tea." He passed the other thermos to Hacha, and pulled out another to pass to Galen "As is this, and this." He nodded sharply. "Yes."
Niall Organa

Previous
Forum Statistics