Carries: Ritual dagger, command insignia, electronic manual
Combat gear: Ritual Dagger, Mandalorian Armor, MK II Paladin, ammo, stimpacks
Languages: Basic, Mando'a
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Re: Hurncastrinating

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:18 pm

As I said in OOC

I'm not touching this for various reasons.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:19 pm

I know Zanebry and Niall invested a lot in that investigation so I feel they have some place in it.

Lyseil contributed a little, but I'm not as invested as those 2 and am only ok at the rolls. So I will happily sit out. :)
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:24 pm

Urghhhhh...

So, Niall's one of the people who's been turning the heat up on Hurn, Z being the other most involved. Some other people helped, too! Lyseil, for instance. I'm not sure how many time slots I've spent on it, but I'd estimate it to be at least half a dozen, probably more.

Further, if we do try to talk her down, Niall has I think the second best Leadership, and 2nd or 3rd best charm (2eP+2eA-2eS before other modifications). He's not bad in a fight, either, although there are plenty who are better.

But yeesh, the difficulty of these rolls makes getting to eight successes really challenging. And there's definite consequences for trying and failing; it looks like fighting her costs 10 power, and at best prevents the loss of 1.0 trust.

From an objective OOC perspective, the smart thing is to take the bribe, gain the power, gain the VP. From an IC perspective, Niall would never do that. And from a subjective OOC perspective, it burns me more than a little.

So, in conclusion, I don't know. I need to think about it a bit. If people really want to take the bribe, I'll swallow my idealism and pride.

But if we do want to try to bring her in, I'd like to be there, due to being pretty good at it, and having IC reason to be involved.
Last edited by Niall Organa on Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:27 pm

Cole is very interested in the money, and would be highly empathetic to the desire to get away from all this. *flaps arms vaguely*

IC a medic could be justified answering a emergency beacon.
OOC those Victory Points sure wouldn be sweet.
Last edited by Dr. Cole Ormont on Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Galactic Republic Navy | Captain | Surgeon | Human | Profile | Avatar | Theme2
GEAR: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Custom Expanded Medpac, Mini-Med Droid, Datapad, Flask.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

"It's too late for a revolution. Brace for the final solution."
Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:30 pm

If Zanebry is there, it's to shoot her. As I'm no help at talking her down, and he wouldn't take the bribe. Not at this point.

I mean I can likely justify him taking it, but it's be a hard sell to me. So better I stay out of it. I also am sighing a bit at more of the, doing the wrong thing is infinitely better. So it's double best I just step aside.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:32 pm

I am all for taking the bribe. If she has no guts to continue the fight, she'd better support those who do?
Mandalorian | Clan Vizsla | Hired Gun | Heavy | Scarred | Left Cyberarm | Beard of Wonder | Former Pit Fighter | Vindicator | Rockstar | Mad Dog | Man o' War | Shriek-Hawk Tattoo | Neutral

VX Sidewinder (Telescopic Optics, Electronic Sighting) | Paired Vamblades | Mandalorian Armor (Repulsorlift, Kiirium, Superior) | Thermal Cloak | Spare Clip | Stims
Wounds: 19 | Strain: 12 | Soak: 8 (9 vs. Fire/Blasters) | Defence: 1

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Dapper Dog » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:32 pm

Sometimes doing the right thing can be hard.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:34 pm

Shootout can be fine too. I am least into the appeal to morals.
Mandalorian | Clan Vizsla | Hired Gun | Heavy | Scarred | Left Cyberarm | Beard of Wonder | Former Pit Fighter | Vindicator | Rockstar | Mad Dog | Man o' War | Shriek-Hawk Tattoo | Neutral

VX Sidewinder (Telescopic Optics, Electronic Sighting) | Paired Vamblades | Mandalorian Armor (Repulsorlift, Kiirium, Superior) | Thermal Cloak | Spare Clip | Stims

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Azura Mora » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:50 pm

I'm happy to take the bribe!
Neutral * Human * Smuggler * Has anger issues * Dangerous * Jax's glamorous assistant * Part of the Midnight crew * Force sensitive? Description
Equipment: Blaster, pistol, armour, odd cylinder-shaped item, comms, stimpacks
Azura Mora

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:53 pm

Corrupt faction faces Righteous faction. Which one will prevail? Will the event even happen? Stay tuned! ;)

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Niall Organa » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:53 pm

Upon reflection, I must choose the same as my character. If good and smart come into conflict, I must choose good.

But we have to see if we can do it. And I won't go against it if people are very much for taking the bribe. But I'm putting in a confident vote for bringing her in.
Niall Organa

Postby Baesal Zyn » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:36 pm

I wish to bring her in too
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
"Could I have been wrong?" -Baesal Zyn
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Baesal Zyn

Postby Illyria Acaran » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:59 pm

As a thought, Illyria could simply record receiving the bribe and then turn over all the evidence to the Republic Navy after the fact. We get her donation to the cause, and she'd still suffer consequences.
Republic ● Pantoran ● Propagandist
Carries: Custom tailored armored jacket (or lector's outfit if appropriate), modified Model 80 blaster pistol, assorted communication and recording equipment, backpack and pouches, stimpacks, spare blaster pack, C4N-D1D the cam droid, goggles and breathing mask, canteen
PF Description Theme
Illyria Acaran

Postby Azura Mora » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:05 pm

Event's not firing due to the vote - as nice as that would be
Neutral * Human * Smuggler * Has anger issues * Dangerous * Jax's glamorous assistant * Part of the Midnight crew * Force sensitive? Description
Equipment: Blaster, pistol, armour, odd cylinder-shaped item, comms, stimpacks
Azura Mora

Postby Illyria Acaran » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:20 pm

Vote?
Carries: Custom tailored armored jacket (or lector's outfit if appropriate), modified Model 80 blaster pistol, assorted communication and recording equipment, backpack and pouches, stimpacks, spare blaster pack, C4N-D1D the cam droid, goggles and breathing mask, canteen
PF Description Theme
Illyria Acaran

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:28 pm

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=970

We started the day with 21 power, and the two events cost 10 and 12 respectively, so there was a vote to decide which to do.

According to Dapper, we've got enough evidence on her so that she's a wanted individual in the Republic hereafter.
Niall Organa

Postby Illyria Acaran » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:35 pm

I saw discussion in the Arms planning thread, but missed an actual vote and couldn't find it in Bookkeeping. Thanks!
PF Description Theme
Illyria Acaran

Forum Statistics