This is for those traveling on their own ships with the Strike Force.

Blue Monday (Day 0, Late Night) - The Turtle

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Wed May 30, 2018 5:41 am

The shitty part about going into a warzone, Nai reflected, was that they had no idea if they were going to have to worry about being shot out of the sky before they even got their feet on the ground. The female Chiss took a slow drag from her cigarette before getting back to work to cleaning her rifle on the table in the common area of the ship. Blasted custom-job did excellent work in taking down her target, but sometimes it felt like all that power was tearing down the rifle's structure. Still, the old thing was keeping up with her... probably some miracle in itself.

It was only a couple of hours from their destination, and she was already feeling antsy.
Mandalorian | Chiss | Drop Dead Gorgeous | Sharpshooter | Ritual Combatant | Tough | Crusader
Theme | Profile | Turtle Crew

Gear: Heavy blaster pistol, utility belt (stimpacks, glowrod), commlink, datapad.
Combat Gear: Mandalorian armor, custom blaster rifle, Mandalorian ritual blade, extra ammo, grenades.
Languages: Basic, Cheun, Durese, Huttese, Mando'a

Aliit is family. It means nobody gets left behind — or forgotten
Nai'tiri Cadera

Re: Blue Monday (Day 0, Late Night) - The Turtle

Postby Durasay Mixo » Wed May 30, 2018 5:55 am

His hands ran along the bulkhead. Fingers grazing over exposed wiring, the old homestead, as it were. The Pantoran's yellow-amber eyes focused on the freighter as he moved from his quarters. The cross-flap of his officer's jacket open, exposing the black bodyglove shirt underneath. Finding his way into the common room, the scent of cigarra smoke wafted into his nose.

"I'm not disturbing you, am I?" The drawl of his Pantoran accent filled his words, the hint of a friendly smile on his lips. "I take it the night before op routine is cross-cultural, no?"
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Senator | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force
Carries: Paired Heavy Blaster Pistols w/ Bantha Eye Lasersight | Vibrosword (+1 Melee Defense) | Utility Belt with gear | Heavy Battle Armor (1/1 Defense)
Languages: Basic, Huttese, Mando'a, Pantoran

"We won't leave anyone behind."
Durasay Mixo

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Wed May 30, 2018 6:25 am

"It's no disturbance," she gave him a small nod in greeting. Her accent seemed a strange mix of Chiss, Mandalorian and a hodge-podge of other languages.

"Seems so. More I know check and clean gear than sleep at times like this." Nai gave an indication to the pack of smokes, a silent offer to the senator. She wasn't really a smoker herself, but at times like this she found it helped her keep her mind focused.
Mandalorian | Chiss | Drop Dead Gorgeous | Sharpshooter | Ritual Combatant | Tough | Crusader

Gear: Heavy blaster pistol, utility belt (stimpacks, glowrod), commlink, datapad.
Combat Gear: Mandalorian armor, custom blaster rifle, Mandalorian ritual blade, extra ammo, grenades.

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Illyria Acaran » Wed May 30, 2018 7:06 am

A faint yawn came from the doorway, and an unusually comfortably dressed Acaran drifted into the common area from her quarters with an empty caf mug clasped in one hand.

"Shouldn't you be asleep, Senator?" she asked politely, slipping past him to deposit the cup in the recycler. While she cleaned up, she explained, "Report's filed for tomorrow, C4N-D1D is ready to earn his keep.... gonna be a long day."

She bit her lip before the scent of gun oil drew her attention more fully to the woman occupying the center of the space.

"It's Nai'tiri, right?" she asked delicately.
Republic ● Pantoran ● Propagandist
Carries: Custom tailored armored jacket (or lector's outfit if appropriate), modified Model 80 blaster pistol, assorted communication and recording equipment, backpack and pouches, stimpacks, spare blaster pack, C4N-D1D the cam droid, goggles and breathing mask, canteen
PF Description Theme
Illyria Acaran

Postby Nudimsu » Wed May 30, 2018 11:12 am

This was nothing new for Nudimsu. The familiar glow of the hyperspace tunnel, the hum of a ship slowly making it's way to it's destination. These past few years is what he knew. Even if there were two additions to the Turtle that were not here the last time, it still felt like a sense of comfort that he had not felt in some time.

Not that he would ever admit to those two.. Getting sentimental showed a greater weakness than he could afford.

There was coffee in his hands, well prepared to handle his turn at the helm. As he hear commotion coming from the commons area, however, he glances up from his monitor to check on their status before heading out to the there to...do whatever social nicities were required of him from his guests.

Not that he ever cared over such a thing before, but this time there was a fellow Chiss on board; it was not every day he was afforded the chance to speak to someone worth talking to.

As he entered, he sipped his coffee and looked at the few smoking in the commons, the flavor of tobacco entering into his tastebuds as it meshed with the bold flavoring of his drink, creating a drastic change in its taste as he swallowed within the smokey atmosphere.

He had already begun to regret this impulse.
Last edited by Nudimsu on Wed May 30, 2018 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle

Equipment: Concealed Weapons, Commlink, Stimpack
Nudimsu

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Wed May 30, 2018 2:56 pm

Nai gave a nod to Illyria, confirming that she had the name correct. "Yes." There was a faint fluctuation in her tone, almost making the one word sounding like a question.

Red eyes took notice of the presence of her fellow Chiss, giving another nod, this time in acknowledgement of his presence.

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Nudimsu » Wed May 30, 2018 3:55 pm

"Perhaps I could have taken the watch off, with almost everyone here." The statement, of course, could be easily taken as a joke, but the matter-of-factly tone of which it was delivered leaves it in question. He looks to his Chiss and remembers the few lessons he's learnt from his Pantorian cousin after these past few years working for him. His face showed what could possibly pass as a friendly look to somebody, he made direct eye contact with the people he was going to be talking to, and he actually had to listen what the other person was saying and respond based upon it, or at least pretend to care enough to make them think he did.

He looks to the Durasay and nods his head, as if to assure to him that his innate lessons would not go to waste.

He glanced at the mug with the woman. The cue immediately came together as to what to do next."Would any of you like some coffee? I just finished some, but I can make more, assuming you can still taste it in here."
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle

Nudimsu

Postby Durasay Mixo » Wed May 30, 2018 4:20 pm

"Maybe. But the excitement, for lack of a better positive term, can keep one from it, Illyria." He shrugged with a smile, then waved off the offered smoke. "No, thank you, Nai'tiri. I appreciate the offer. Caff and alcohol are my two vices." Durasay laughed at his own joke, before catching Nudimsu's look. He grinned at his friend's social play, noting the definite improvement.

"Hopefully this jump from Hyperspace doesn't bring us right into a firefight with pirates, like last time, eh Nudimsu?"
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Senator | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force
Carries: Paired Heavy Blaster Pistols w/ Bantha Eye Lasersight | Vibrosword (+1 Melee Defense) | Utility Belt with gear | Heavy Battle Armor (1/1 Defense)

Durasay Mixo

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Wed May 30, 2018 4:29 pm

"Caff is no vice," she added wryly, showing more humorous expression than Nudimsu. The pack of smokes remained on the table for others who wanted a go at it. "Would be like saying fuel for a ship is a vice."

Nai's hands went through the motions with the gun's barrel, seemingly on autopilot as she had appearantly done this kind of maintance too many times to count, while her attention remained on Durasay and Nudimsu to hear the follow up of 'last time'.

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Craw Toboga » Wed May 30, 2018 4:34 pm

"I'll have some caff Nudie." Craw slapped the Chiss' back as he emerged from the doorway. He looked tense, the prospect of full blown warfare in the immediate future was exciting and stressful. It had been a while since he had done any jobs like this...

Craw grabbed a cigarette from the table and lit it before leaning on the ship's bulkhead and observing the rest of the crew.
| Neutral/Working for the Republic | Mandalorian! | Human | Currently: Sober |
Carries with: Commlink and stimpacks [When appropriate: Armor, OK-98 Blaster Carbine and a vibromachete]
"I'm trying my best here!"
Craw Toboga

Postby Nudimsu » Wed May 30, 2018 11:07 pm

He had almost forgotten that nickname...it was just as annoying as it's ever been.

"Absolutely, Craw." There was "no service with a smile" look as he said it, looking at him. He began to prepare the coffee, though it was to his preference, of course. More caf than water, to give it a bolder flavor of the beans. How some people managed to drink this with it being so watered down as a complete mystery. If he wanted a caf-flavored water, he would have asked for it.

He did not here acknowledgement from the Chiss on the matter. "At least, of the three, coffee has its purposes. Being awake and alert is far more useful than being drunk or...whatever that offers." He motions to the smoke behind him while facing the machine." He was entering a war-zone soon with them; let them waste their time with things. There is a loud groan as he thinks about that awful Catar woman. There was a saying about good deeds and punishment for them he had heard from one of the Core Planets awhile back, it seemed fitting to describe that situation.

"If I ever have to see that woman again..."

Nudimsu

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Wed May 30, 2018 11:23 pm

"Keeps me focused." Nai made sure to exhale the smoke away from the others. "First one in several months." Considering how worn the pack looked, it was probably true, as it looked like it had lasted a year at least.

"Nar Shaddaa?" she asked, probing the subject of 'that woman'.

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Illyria Acaran » Thu May 31, 2018 12:36 am

Illyria did her best not to perk her ears up at the turn in conversation.
Republic ● Pantoran ● Propagandist
Carries: Custom tailored armored jacket (or lector's outfit if appropriate), modified Model 80 blaster pistol, assorted communication and recording equipment, backpack and pouches, stimpacks, spare blaster pack, C4N-D1D the cam droid, goggles and breathing mask, canteen
PF Description Theme
Illyria Acaran

Postby Durasay Mixo » Thu May 31, 2018 1:19 am

"A rather unpleasant pirate queen. We may have irritated her in trying..." Durasay's face turned at the memory of having failed to save the Rodian woman "... to spare someone an unfortunate fate. A typical Monday situation, really." It was almost nonchalant, the way he spoke of dealing with pirates and the like.

Durasay regarded Craw for a moment. Things had been tense, to say the least. He hoped time and distance offered a chance to relax things.

"I spoke with Senator Saresh earlier. Nudimsu, I would be prepared to have to fly like mad to break through a blockade. With a communications blackout from the system, we might be flying blind." He nodded sternly. "Craw and Nai'tiri, making sure the cannons are ready will be prudent. I can coordinate everything from the co-pilot's chair. It may have been a few months, but I remember how everything works." And then he flashed a smile to Illyria. "Be prepared to capture it all on holo. It'll be a great morale booster to have footage of the fleet punching through."

Durasay Mixo

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Thu May 31, 2018 2:41 am

Nai's nose wrinled with some disgust. Kriffin' pirates...

"If she never turn up again, it's no loss for the galaxy."

The Chiss woman took the soon-to-be-stump from her dark lips, tapping off the excess ash in a container next to her as she listened to Durasay. "Mm, got it. Battle-readiness once we're ready to leave hyper-space then. Some of the Kryze's pilots might be ready for us."

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Craw Toboga » Thu May 31, 2018 3:32 pm

Craw took the caff cup with a nod of thanks to Nudie, and grimaced as he sipped the bitter black liquid. He looked at the table, intent on keeping his gaze as far away from Durasay as possible.
"Kill the bastards dead. Don't die. So just the usual then." He grunted.
Carries with: Commlink and stimpacks [When appropriate: Armor, OK-98 Blaster Carbine and a vibromachete]
Craw Toboga

Postby Nudimsu » Thu May 31, 2018 5:27 pm

"Hopefully the time off from us won't make you too rusty on that end, Craw." He sips his coffee with little to no reaction, though hiding a smile under his cup from his companion's own experience.

He could speak for himself. The life of a civilian pilot started to make some of his senses rusty. A few hot zones with Durasay here and there, but nothing like this.

Nudimsu

Postby Craw Toboga » Thu May 31, 2018 9:18 pm

Craw shook his head. "Can't afford to be rusty. Besides. It's me. Since when have I ever let you down, Nudie?" He flashed a quick grin.
Craw Toboga

Postby Nudimsu » Thu May 31, 2018 10:29 pm

"I can't think of a single instance when you did over the past two years." He looks over to him nonchalantly. "Let's keep that streak going, shall we?"

He looks over to the two women, motioning to them. "Caff for either of you?"

Nudimsu

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Thu May 31, 2018 10:53 pm

The female Chiss nodded in agreement on keeping the current streak of no fuckups going.

"Yes," another nod for Nudimsu, "thank you."

With all the parts cleaned, it was with quite the rapid motion she re-assembled the weapon, and with quick efficiency the heavily modified rifle was fully operational again.

Nai'tiri Cadera

Forum Statistics