This is for those traveling on their own ships with the Strike Force.

Re: Sweet Melissa (Day 0 Early Night)

Postby Nekoinu » Thu May 31, 2018 4:49 am

"There will be plenty of aspirants hoping to impress one of the clans there. Hopefully none of them are actually worth anything." She took a breath and then continued, all business, "Zanebry, the entire family of Varo has a competent background. None of it will ever be easy."

Claire looked to her bottle of liquor and wondered if she needed more to continue speaking with this man. "You should consider living more in reality then. Neither those classics nor Vera Hawke fit it."
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu May 31, 2018 5:02 am

"I didn't expect it to be Claire. Hell, I can hardly remember the last time anything was easy. Course I also just spent most of a year hunting down the rest of Project E." He picked up a portable comm, and made his way to the bar, to pour himself another drink. "I just like to preyend from time to time."

"I suppose you're right, course reality tends to be filled with all sorts of unsavory things. At least in my experience."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Thu May 31, 2018 11:33 am

"You are persistent in all facets of life, apparently." Claire held her breath over the resulting bits of Project: Evolution. She had not put in much effort into cleaning up the rest of the operation. Her goal had been to put it all behind her.

"Stories get us nowhere, Zanebry. There're ideals and we have to work towards them. It's why the most aggravating people are the ones who do not realize they have a problem."
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu May 31, 2018 12:09 pm

"Not all of them, though I do like to finish things like that... when I can. It wasn't something that needed to exist in the galaxy... Not that, that will stop anyone from making something like it again." These things tend to repeat themselves after all.

"Stories get us nowhere, but we have to work towards the ideals they are based on.... Seems almost like you are contradicting yourself there, Claire." It was amusing to hear her refer to him as aggravating though "Not that it really matters much, I do get your point. Though I may not completely agree."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Thu May 31, 2018 9:57 pm

"If there were never problems to be solved, then our profession wouldn't exist. I do wonder if the Sith Empire is causing more of a fuss than when the Republic was essentially alone."

Claire sighed. "Find inspiration, sure. But we can't just listen to stories to move forward."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:20 am

"It was before my time, so hard to say. But I imagine not much more, though busy as you are with them, you have less time to attend to the troubles at home."

"That's not what I meant, just from time to time people need stories, to help them through. Just because i stick to story books a bit, doesnt mean i do it for me."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:37 am

"Before my time too, obviously," she scoffed and then realized how petty it was to get defensive over her age. "The Republic does have enough problems internally, that is certain. So many different planets, so many different species, all under one banner."

Claire took a breath. "I suppose everyone needs a hobby."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:12 am

"I wasn't calling you old Claire.' Zan replied easily,hoping perhaps to smooth things over. "You're still young and attractive, at least in my book." He finished smoothly, lifting his cup to his lips. Other people might have a different opinion, but they were likely all idiots.

"Aye, a hobby is good for you, or so I've been told. I'm sure you have one too..." He paused thoughtfully. "Dejarik, maybe?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:34 pm

"Are you trying to get on my good side again?" Claire chuckled and shook her head. "No, Zanebry, I think you should have listened to me more back when we were working together." She was not entirely sure she had actually talked about her past, but it was her way of putting up the wall. "I am sure we will see each other on the planet, whether I want to or not."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:39 pm

"I just call it how I see it Claire." The former operative said with a easy chuckle. "Though I don't recall us ever talking about much except for work..."

He shook his head and sipped his drink. "I will stay out of your hair, as much as i can. You know how to get ahold of me though, if you need someone to complain at, or about."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:12 pm

Claire gave a genuine laugh. "Glad to hear I was professional then too. And yeah, I'm sure we'll end up in some mess again, regardless of what I say. The Jedi might say it's the Force doing that or something."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:33 pm

"Aye you were, at least most of the time." He added with a light laugh. "Aye, they really like to blame most things on the force. I've never really been a believer in all of that though."

"Mostly because it is true, the force seems to have a pretty fucked up sense of humor."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:22 am

"That's for sure." Claire let out a sharp exhale. "I should make preparations for the landing. As you know, the SIS keeps us on a tight schedule."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:36 am

"Have a fun flight Claire, if I find out something I think you need to know, I'll find a way to get it to you." Zane offered, in way of farewell.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:37 pm

"As a handler, I won't be hard to find." Claire let out a short laugh. "I miss being more incognito." She took a breath and then hung up without any fanfare. Clearly she was not in the mood for the word 'goodbye.'
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:49 pm

Z let the call end, nothing else really needed to be said. If they needed to talk, they would meet down on the planet.

/scene.

Zanebry Varliss

Previous
Forum Statistics