This is for those traveling on their own ships with the Strike Force.

One for the Troops (Early Night 0)

Postby Illyria Acaran » Wed May 30, 2018 10:16 am

Illyria crooned with an affected smooth, urbane radio voice, "Howdy girls and grunts, flyboys and all you fly-by-nighters. It's 2200 ship time, and this is Aurek Fleet Radio, being brought to you by your's truly - Illyria Acaran. All the hardened vets are turning in and the nuggets are polishing their boots. So it's you and me, holding down the fort through the night. We've got some nice music come from the Rim we're going to play for you tonight. You can make requests by transmitting back on sub-channel in the carrier wave, but for now we've got our first caller.... How's your evening going, soldier?"
Republic ● Pantoran ● Propagandist
Carries: Custom tailored armored jacket (or lector's outfit if appropriate), modified Model 80 blaster pistol, assorted communication and recording equipment, backpack and pouches, stimpacks, spare blaster pack, C4N-D1D the cam droid, goggles and breathing mask, canteen
PF Description Theme
Illyria Acaran

Re: One for the Troops (Early Night 0)

Postby Jax Dolross » Wed May 30, 2018 10:44 am

Jax had been leaning back in a chair in his quarters the auto pilot taking the helm of the ship. He had the radio on listening to some music while he let his thoughts swim, this was the worst part of almost any action really, the waiting. He knew he likely wouldn't be finding much sleep this evening knowing that he would likely be hitting the ground running.

Jax heard the smooth voice over the radio and smiled a little, hm well she certainly has a perfect voice for her profession a little chat wouldn't be so bad.
He called into the signal his own voice smoothly rolling out his Courscanti accent clearly present but not overwhelming "Well not a soldier anymore but the night is proceeding well enough, trying to relax a bit before I reach my destination. I have a good dose of pre-mission jitters." he said the last with a small chuckle and a shake of his head, though the radio woman on the other end would have no way to know that.
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight
Equipment: Backpack full of tricks, Josephine,

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Illyria Acaran » Wed May 30, 2018 10:57 am

On her end of the line, Illyria's lips twisted into a smile. The faint sound of leather crackled as she leaned back into her seat and focused intently on the microphone.

"Sorry to hear that Coruscant, but I'm glad to have you with us. If you don't react badly to them, you could always try a mild soporific? Me though, I always feel too groggy waking up from them so I don't touch them unless I need them. And," she laughed before adding, "I suppose sleep is always easier to find if I stop topping up on caf a few hours before I try to rack out. Yet here I am, with you, with everyone else out there, and half a cup left. What's on your mind then, Coruscant?"
Carries: Custom tailored armored jacket (or lector's outfit if appropriate), modified Model 80 blaster pistol, assorted communication and recording equipment, backpack and pouches, stimpacks, spare blaster pack, C4N-D1D the cam droid, goggles and breathing mask, canteen
PF Description Theme
Illyria Acaran

Postby Jax Dolross » Wed May 30, 2018 11:07 am

"Not really my style the only thing I ever use like that usually has a nice amber colour and i take it with 2 cubes of ice. But no I'll probably work these jitters out with some physical activity, best way I've found to clear my head." he leans lays down on his bed hands interlocked behind his head while his communicator was in his ear "So Whats a Pantoran doing around these parts?" he had experience working with the Pantoran Defense Force so he was pretty well acquainted with the accent. "Call me Jax by the way, though Coruscant works I suppose."
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Illyria Acaran » Thu May 31, 2018 12:35 am

"Ah," she sighed happily, "I too enjoy such a drink though I only take one ice cube. Just a little water to bring out the flavor, and something to chill it slightly going down to feel like home. You've got good taste, Jax. As to what this Pantoran is doing around these parts, helping serve the Republic and keep systems informed of the Strike Force's progress. I'm a member of the press and liaison office. Hopefully you'll tune in to more of these little broadcasts, though once we touch down then we'll have the full holocast up and running rather than just over audio..."

Her lips curled slightly into a smile next to the microphone.

"What's your preferred type of physical activity? Are you one for running laps around on the deck or lifting weights?"
PF Description Theme
Illyria Acaran

Postby Jax Dolross » Thu May 31, 2018 2:00 am

Jax wore a grin of his own "I'm not the only one with good taste it seems, hopefully we'll bump into each other at a bar once we reach the planet sample each other's favorite poisons." then he let out a small chuckle "My favorite physical activity? between those two? I'd have to go with running laps, I've always valued stamina over flashy bursts of strength but I have to contain myself to a treadmill while on board my ship not enough real deck space to get a good lap in on board." he paused a moment "and what of you Ms. Acaran? whats your favorite to unwind after a hard day of reporting?" his voice rolled out smooth but casual she was a good conversationalist.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Illyria Acaran » Thu May 31, 2018 8:54 am

"I prefer treadmills where I can get them," she laughed back across the airways, "They mean I can keep working more easily than if I have to take the office with me. Look at the dailies from the segments I'm working on, the latest holovid I'm on, you know. As for what I like to do? Music. I love laying back once the day is done with me, slipping on a head set, and listening to some artist I hadn't heard of even 15 minutes beforehand. Helps me understand people. 'Course, so does two glasses of Corellia's finest."
PF Description Theme
Illyria Acaran

Postby Jax Dolross » Thu May 31, 2018 9:22 am

"Dedication is a good trait but don't forget to take some time for yourself every once in awhile." he said mirth apparent in his tone "Music has its merits I generally blast something strong with a heavy beat while I flyhelps keep the brain focused." he exclaimed a little when she brought up Corellia "I just did a run through Corellia not three weeks ago! ended up with a case of corellia's finest as a bonus for the job, good stuff, you certainly are a woman of impeccable taste."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Illyria Acaran » Thu May 31, 2018 11:07 pm

"You have a particular favorite, to pair with your hard won vintage?" she asked, reaching over to her datapad to call up the library of music she had, "We can share it with everyone listening out there."
PF Description Theme
Illyria Acaran

Postby Jax Dolross » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:06 am

"Well this is the song I was listening to during that particular run." he sent over the information for the song so it would pop up on her data pad. "It has a good beat that really gets me in the mood to move."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Illyria Acaran » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:13 am

"You have a message for a special someone out there, Jax?" she asked, looking at the information on her pad before turning to her system to start queuing it up.
PF Description Theme
Illyria Acaran

Postby Jax Dolross » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:26 am

he let out a heavy sigh at that "You know Ms. Acaran, I don't. The smugglin life isn't so glorious as they say it is. Can get real lonely sometimes if i'm honest." he caught himself forgetting momentarily that this was a broadcast not a conversation "but listen to me treating you like a counselor, I'm sure you can find someone more interesting to talk to than some washed up lieutenant turned smuggler."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Illyria Acaran » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:33 am

"Well, I'm sure you can find someone as a lieutenant turned private citizen cum war hero," she chuckled back, "I can certainly understand how our professional lives can interfere with our personal ones."
PF Description Theme
Illyria Acaran

Postby Jax Dolross » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:17 am

"Ha you flatter me, I'm no hero. Just a man doing his best to do the right thing when it needs doing." he flipped in his bed swiveling so his feet his the ground "It's been a pleasure talking to you but I think its about time I get to that physical activity, need to be in top shape for the drop in." he pauses a bit "I hope to run into once we are on the ground."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Forum Statistics