This is for those traveling on their own ships with the Strike Force.

Hutta Pateessa [MN0]

Postby Rekto the Hutt » Wed May 30, 2018 3:08 pm

In a more private surroundings, Rekto made a call to a man he had never met but had been tipped by some associates on Nar Shaddaa that he might be cooperative and helpful. Better know it early.

"Rekto Vanderijar Qunre wishes to speak with Senator Durasay Mixo."

But what was heard was of course:

" Rekto Vanderijar Qunre nai bai cohai cay Banokon Durasay Mixo."
Rekto Vanderijar Qunre | Heir | Hitslug | Gangster | Shock Hutt | The Worst

Ancestal Vibroax, Traditional Hutt Armour, Weequay Blaster Lance, Cryoban Projector, Military Pack, Stimpaks

chooses to speak solely in Huttese
Rekto the Hutt

Re: Hutta Pateessa [MN0]

Postby Durasay Mixo » Wed May 30, 2018 4:28 pm

The tip, of course, had originated from his office. Durasay was a practical man. He understood that warzones were often rife with crime, and that was a xesh factor that could really make life difficult.

Unless one knew about it, and could apply diplomacy and negotiations to it.

Durasay was sitting at the small work bench in his quarters, adjusted the helmet of his armor, just some final fine tuning, when the comm went off.

"Rekto the Illustrious, I presume. This is Banokon Mixo. Please, no need for such formality, I am honored to receive your call."

His smile could be heard through his words. No matter their differences, all Hutts liked those niceties applied to them. And it made speaking with them all the more pleasant when you just played the game.

"I am sorry we have not met in person. Perhaps we can remedy that upon our arrival to Bankor?"
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Senator | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force
Carries: Paired Heavy Blaster Pistols w/ Bantha Eye Lasersight | Vibrosword (+1 Melee Defense) | Utility Belt with gear | Heavy Battle Armor (1/1 Defense)
Languages: Basic, Huttese, Mando'a, Pantoran

"We won't leave anyone behind."
Durasay Mixo

Postby Rekto the Hutt » Wed May 30, 2018 5:14 pm

"More courtesies and platitudes may follow once we meet, Senator. If there is a reason for us to meet in person, following this conversation."

The audible smile branded him as a sly guy in Rekto's head. More a player than a figurehead or a mouthpiece. This only corroborated what he knew about the latest Pantoran elections. He didn't fail to remember that Pantora was very far from the Core. Most Rimmers were only half-hearted Republicans.

"Politicians that leave Coruscant and go into a warzone are likely pulling off a publicity stunt. What do you need that stunt for, Senator? Not to impress Pantorans any further, of course."

Ancestal Vibroax, Traditional Hutt Armour, Weequay Blaster Lance, Cryoban Projector, Military Pack, Stimpaks

Rekto the Hutt

Postby Durasay Mixo » Wed May 30, 2018 5:57 pm

"Publicity Stunt means showing up on a Cruiser with a giant banner saying Mission Accomplished when the job is half done." He shrugged at that, then nodded. "I'm here because I'm a boots on the ground getting the job done kind of guy. These people need help, I can give it to them."

He raised an eyebrow as he regarded the comm, still quite amicable.

"I also know that places like this bring unique business opportunities. And I'd rather know business partners I can deal with as allies, than some unknown. I am hoping that this can be fruitful for you."
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Senator | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force
Carries: Paired Heavy Blaster Pistols w/ Bantha Eye Lasersight | Vibrosword (+1 Melee Defense) | Utility Belt with gear | Heavy Battle Armor (1/1 Defense)

Durasay Mixo

Postby Rekto the Hutt » Wed May 30, 2018 6:11 pm

"Ah, the people. Some abstract people, not really all of them. Those who revolt and those who want to fly blue colours don't overlap. And there are those who are fine with Mandos. So for which people exactly will you put your boots on the ground for, Senator, hmm-hooom?" Rekto chortled.

"I am a businessman, as could be expected. Unconcerned by any of those subgroups of people. I would care more if some of them were my slaves, but it doesn't look likely at the moment. So I don't have your constraints on doing business. What kind of business you mean, that is a big question. I can deal with most of it, as long as I come better off at the end of the day."

The Hutt lapped his tongue.

"But making unknown known or disorganised organised is something I could give my attention to."

Rekto the Hutt

Postby Durasay Mixo » Wed May 30, 2018 7:51 pm

"Your business interests are your own." Durasay kept his disgust at the thought of slaves to himself. One evil at a time, for a Galaxy of freedom. "But knowing the organisation is better for all parties involved. We both know enterprises such as yours will always exist. Which I have no qualms, I've been on both sides of that matter."

Durasay smirked, thinking back to an old job on Socorro. "But keeping other interests out. That is very important to me, for the stability of Bankor." Durasay sipped from a glass of water, setting it back down on the bench.

"I'm here for the people not wanting a military occupation. Both stopping one, and preventing another. That's what I care about."

Durasay Mixo

Postby Rekto the Hutt » Thu May 31, 2018 12:04 am

"I have no qualms about displacing the Mandos. They have disrupted Hutt interests here, but such is the order of things that I now come to reclaim the local assets and organise them. I see that you are a sensible Senator and won't oppose it. Or even assist in it." Rekto paused, deciding to make the message mellower. "The Hutts provide stability."
Last edited by Rekto the Hutt on Thu May 31, 2018 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rekto the Hutt

Postby Durasay Mixo » Thu May 31, 2018 1:43 am

"I'm a realist. I may not like things, but I know that they will always find a way. So being on each other's good side is mutually beneficial." His tone was serious, but the smirk never disappeared. "I am glad we can see eye to eye on this. Displacing the occupation forces suits both our needs. And, I can get you a line on a great... transport crew for anything you might need off world later. No questions asked." The amusement in his voice couldn't be hidden.

Even when gone respectable, the Smuggler couldn't be taken out of the senator.

"I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

Durasay Mixo

Postby Rekto the Hutt » Thu May 31, 2018 10:55 am

"This is about to be seen, Senator. We seem to be having an agreement though." The Hutt grinned back. Friendship was too foreign a concept for him to commit to it mentally with any honesty. "What about across-planet movement? Do you have a freighter at your disposal?"

Rekto the Hutt

Postby Durasay Mixo » Thu May 31, 2018 6:01 pm

"I am friends with a ship captain. It may require payment, or favors, but I am sure he could be convinced to offer his services to you." His face was pleasant, if stoic, as he responded.

"I would have one favor to ask. During the war, it would be prudent that there is no disruption of goods and services to civilians. While a black market can't be stopped, refrain from cornering necessities. Food. Water. Medicine. I can convince eyes to be looked away from anything else, but that would bring too much heat onto you and yours."

Durasay Mixo

Postby Rekto the Hutt » Thu May 31, 2018 8:39 pm

"Chems and meds are greyzone. As are most less staple consumables." Rekto deadpan insisted. "My speciality are arms though."

Rekto the Hutt

Postby Durasay Mixo » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:08 am

"Then that is something immensely useful to the war effort, your eminence." Durasay smirked again through the comm, leaning forwards onto his bench, arms folded across it. "If you can establish a supply line, get arms to where they need be, and more importantly, keep them out of occupier hands, then it should be a pretty little arrangement for you. Especially if your product comes from the occupiers." There was a laugh, as he likely knew the hutt was already beginning to count the credits.

"I just would recommend not trying to get into the armor business. Mando'ade tend to not look kindly upon people pilfering family armor. While it might fetch a great price, it might not be worth the trouble it could bring down on you."

Durasay Mixo

Postby Rekto the Hutt » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:05 pm

Rekto did not comment on good advice. "Come to my immediate meeting with quartermaster of this force, supply officer or however you call that person. Or even better, set it up for me."

Rekto the Hutt

Postby Durasay Mixo » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:32 pm

"I will certainly be there. As for setting it up, I will see what I can do." Durasay pondered. Would the quartermaster be pragmatic? Or would they raise concerns. The Pantoran kept his face neutral.

"One never knows when someone must translate for another."

Durasay Mixo

Postby Rekto the Hutt » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:17 pm

"You are a smart one, Senator." Rekto laughed, not minding being 'translated'.

/scene

Rekto the Hutt

Forum Statistics