The region called the Veras Industrial Region is the oldest settled region on the planet.

Re: [Day 13 - Late Evening] Big Damn Heroes

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:11 am

Niall Organa wrote:
Nekoinu wrote:"Someone never told the Sith that," she mused.

"I suppose I don't know how much of a victory this is. I don't like there being loose ends with Varo's relatives running around. It only seems to strengthen his original motive." She gave a shrug. "Like living on through his descendants, or something. And it's your goal to make things better between the Mando'ade and the Republic, right?"

Gently, Niall shook his head. "The goal of the task force was to liberate Bankor and aid its people. There's no doubt that we've succeeded at that. We don't need to utterly destroy our enemies to win." Niall grimaced. "Although some of them probably are complicit in the atrocities we've seen. Hopefully we'll be able to round them up."

"It is my goal." Niall nodded. "I'd still like to try." His eyebrows went up. "Think you can help with that?"

"My men and I are used to total annihilation of our targets. Routed or not, they can come back in an even worse way."

She smirked. "I knew you were going to ask. To be honest, though. I never really fit in well with the rest of the Mando'ade. My say probably doesn't carry a lot of weight." She glanced around and then shrugged. "Sabine Kelborn might have a better idea or her weird new chieftain."
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Azura Mora » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:23 am

Lyseil Panteer wrote:"On horses? Goodness no - there's been quite a few centuries since people did that. I don't know what actual hunting is for you, but most hunting on Alderaan is to keep some animal populations under control, as some invasive species either grow out of control for their numbers to be sustained, or pose a great risk to other species." Lyseil wasn't quite sure what Azura might be thinking, but she was only happy to answer the questions she might have.

"I don't really plan om coming back here, but if it happens," she shrugged, "I hope to persuade my House to lend some and in the recovery."

"So cleaning up excess animal population, rather than going out and finding the biggest creature" Azura nodded "that's...I guess ok? Doesn't sound all that challenging really, but I can't say I stayed long enough on Alderaan before to find out what counts as an invasive species. Not that I really want to go fight another Ackley anytime soon" she chuckled "one is enough for a lifetime, right?"

Bet your family could buy the whole planet if they wanted...

"So back to studies, and sending money back to Bankor to get the place up and running? Sounds about right. Place is gonna need all the help it can get once we're all gone and it's fending for itself."
Neutral * Human * Smuggler * Has anger issues * Dangerous * Jax's glamorous assistant * Part of the Midnight crew * Force sensitive? Description
Equipment: Blaster, pistol, armour, odd cylinder-shaped item, comms, stimpacks
Azura Mora

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:20 am

"Bolraidas are the most common species that we try to control the population of. They're quite ferocious and will kill almost anything in their sight, so they're a big threat to not only other animals, but to many people as well. Especially farmers. They are however a native species to Alderaan, unlike Kath Hounds which are not." She shook her head a little. "People brought them to Alderaan as exotic pets, but animals tend to do as they wish, and well... some broke loose into the wild and there are populations of feral Kath Hounds now. In some places, they're a danger to local ecosystems."

Lyseil nodded. "At least that's what I can remember from the top of my head!"

She'd probably have an opinion on being able to buy an entire planet though. "Sounds about right. Saving the people of Bankor requires more than just fighting - many times, recovering from war is more difficult than the war itself. But, seeing so many people coming together for the strike force, there is probably hope for the relief efforts too."
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Galen Sol » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:02 am

Galen wandered through the crowds, drink in hand, joining in whatever spontaneous celebrations he came across. Drinking, cheering, dancing, singing, fireworks and whatever else he came across.
Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Neutral
Wears: Heavy Clothing, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Datapad, Comlink, Scanner Goggles, Other Gear as Necessary
Pet: Navi
Galen Sol

Postby Azura Mora » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:55 am

Lyseil Panteer wrote:"Bolraidas are the most common species that we try to control the population of. They're quite ferocious and will kill almost anything in their sight, so they're a big threat to not only other animals, but to many people as well. Especially farmers. They are however a native species to Alderaan, unlike Kath Hounds which are not." She shook her head a little. "People brought them to Alderaan as exotic pets, but animals tend to do as they wish, and well... some broke loose into the wild and there are populations of feral Kath Hounds now. In some places, they're a danger to local ecosystems."

Lyseil nodded. "At least that's what I can remember from the top of my head!"

She'd probably have an opinion on being able to buy an entire planet though. "Sounds about right. Saving the people of Bankor requires more than just fighting - many times, recovering from war is more difficult than the war itself. But, seeing so many people coming together for the strike force, there is probably hope for the relief efforts too."

Well huh, they almost sound like a challenge!

Azura nodded thoughtfully. "Hm...sounds like a problem. I could certainly have fun hunting them down, you'll have to show me them if we come to Alderaan" there was a grin at that, as she thought on it more "yeah, that would be far more interesting than a tea party. Good way to really test yourself in fact! You've actually made a trip there sound less boring, well done!"

She shrugged after that.

"Enough rich people doing that, I don't need to do anything. Politicians gotta appeal by putting some efforts in, although I'm sure that Twi'lek will claim this whole thing as her idea anyway. Gotta ask Jax if I have to bother or not, if we're leaving I don't."
Neutral * Human * Smuggler * Has anger issues * Dangerous * Jax's glamorous assistant * Part of the Midnight crew * Force sensitive? Description
Equipment: Blaster, pistol, armour, odd cylinder-shaped item, comms, stimpacks
Azura Mora

Previous
Forum Statistics