This is a busy place with ships being prepped, other craft in storage, and others on the docket for maintenance. There are people here at all hours even during hyperspace especially with the invasion only hours away.

[Day 0 - LN] Anticipation

Postby Lunda Mae » Wed May 30, 2018 5:42 am

This was it, maybe an hour before they dropped out of hyperspace into a gundark nest of Mandalorian killers and everything seemed so mundane. Frenetic and high paced but mundane. Lunda frowned, was this what great heroes like Revan or Bastila felt like before they changed the galaxy? She considered that thought as she sat on a large crate balancing some tools with the force over her palm.

In the background final checks were being done on the space fighters and she could here small conversations and arguments between the pilots and the mechanics… and those really sharp flight suits. Maker bless whoever came up with the flight suit, she was really impressed with how commanding it made the pilots look.

Focus Lunda, you are going to war soon what would Master say if she caught you ogling?
Jedi Padawan | Reckless Beauty| Sees the Future | Prodigy | Human

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Re: [Day 0 - LN] Anticipation

Postby Garth Wayne » Wed May 30, 2018 5:58 am

With his flight suit peeled down to his waist and his singlet underneath baring his musculature to casual inspection, Garth was carefully applying another coat of wax to Tallulah, his personal swoop bike. He wasn't a mechanic, far from it. He left all that tricky internal stuff to the experts, but he made sure that his fire engine red crotch rocket was as shiny as shiny could be.

A curious necklace dangled around his throat as he went about his work, whistling a nameless little ditty as he did so.
Republic * Human * Pilot * Force Sensitive * Adrenaline Junkie
Languages: Basic (Speaks and understands), Binary (Understands only)
Standard Gear: Republic Uniform (Padded Armour), DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, green crystal necklace, Aznuri Necklace
Combat Gear: Shockrider Crash Suit, as above + Extra Reload + Crash Survival kit
Garth Wayne

Postby Lunda Mae » Wed May 30, 2018 6:01 am

Lunda hopped off the crate and approached the gear head and looked at his crotch rocket and said, “I don’t think this is going to do much in a space fight.”

“Looks fast though.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Postby Garth Wayne » Wed May 30, 2018 6:05 am

Garth looked up at the voice. It was that Jedi girl he'd seen around, the cute one.

"Mebbe not, but I go nowhere without Tallulah. Ain't nothing I trust more'n her once we hit tha surface. Til then I got me one o'them Spitfire's." He flashes Lunda a cheeky wink.

"The mechanics won't even let me polish 'em though. I'd show ya how fast she goes, but she's a little jealous, only room for one."
Standard Gear: Republic Uniform (Padded Armour), DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, green crystal necklace, Aznuri Necklace
Combat Gear: Shockrider Crash Suit, as above + Extra Reload + Crash Survival kit
Garth Wayne

Postby Lunda Mae » Wed May 30, 2018 6:18 am

“Wow that’s totally wizard, I used to watch swoop races on Coruscant, they go stupid fast,” she said admiring the speeder.

“You’re taking her to war?”

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Postby Garth Wayne » Wed May 30, 2018 6:24 am

"Ain't no one else ah'd trust to get me through enemy lines than Tallulah, if'n the need arises. If we don' find use for 'er, it's not like she's takin' up much space on the cruiser." His smile only broadens when she mentions watching the races.

"Never got the chance to race on Coruscant. Raced on Onderon for a bit, before I got a better offer." He replies as the green crystal around his neck glimmers slightly.
Garth Wayne

Postby Lunda Mae » Wed May 30, 2018 6:40 am

"Wow you're a long way from Onderon, is that where you're from?" she asked trying to get a sense of him.

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Postby Garth Wayne » Wed May 30, 2018 6:52 am

" 's where I was raised for sure, dunno where ah'm from though. All I have of ma birth mother is this shiny trinket here."

Garth cocks his head to one side. "Sure are a curious one ain't ya. I don' normally talk this freely with strangers." He takes a moment to wipe his hands on the lower half of his flight suit.

"Garth Wayne, Ensign, pilot. Bunch of other military mumbo jumbo too probably."
Garth Wayne

Postby Lunda Mae » Wed May 30, 2018 6:55 am

Lunda firmly shook his hand and said, “Jedi Padawan Lunda at your service, pleasure to meet you Ensign Wayne. I didn’t know my parents either, but that is normal for Jedi, at least from what I know. The Jedi Temple is pretty much my home, so this all one big adventure for me.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Postby Garth Wayne » Wed May 30, 2018 7:02 am

"First time out?" He asks, completely unaware of how the Jedi conduct themselves.

"Ah've had a few minor clashes before, but nuthin' on this sorta scale."
Garth Wayne

Postby Lunda Mae » Wed May 30, 2018 7:05 am

“By myself, yes, but I am ready,” she said confidently.

“I will be ready to defend you and anyone that tries to mess with us. I mean I hear stories about Mandalorians but that can’t be all that bad right? I mean they lost right?”

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Postby Garth Wayne » Wed May 30, 2018 7:17 am

A smile dances across his face at Lunda's offer, though he knows she would make the same offer of protection to anyone. She seemed that sort.

"Darl, if you're in a position to protect me, I'm thinkin' somethin's gone hella wrong. 'Less you're a pilot too? But I 'preciate th'offer."

"As for them Mando's, I'm sure we'll be fine, but this IS a war. Fact is some of us ain't gonna make it. Just the way it is." He adds with a shrug of practical resignation.
Garth Wayne

Postby Lunda Mae » Wed May 30, 2018 7:26 am

She frowned at the thought of people dying, “Yeah I guess that is true.”

She looked over at the Spitfires and added, “Not much of a pilot, I know the basics but if we have to depend on my skills we are done. Now Jedi Knight Balos, he can fly. Too bad he is busy, but I hear his Padawan should be joining us. Don’t know much about her.”

“Well other than she used to be a Sith or something, but I am sure she got better.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Postby Garth Wayne » Wed May 30, 2018 7:30 am

"Ain't they the great oogedy boogedy bad guys?" Garth asks, showing a little much of his backwater upbringing.

"Ah know there was some great big peace deal, but is it really gunna last? With their history an' all?"
Garth Wayne

Postby Lunda Mae » Wed May 30, 2018 7:33 am

"I trust in the Force and the Jedi Council," she said warmly as if that was all that needed saying.

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Postby Garth Wayne » Wed May 30, 2018 7:40 am

"Ah ain't never had that much faith in aught that weren't me." He confessed with a slightly saddened tone.

"Y'all believe everythin' happens fer a reason, right? And it all turns out the way it's supposed to?"
Garth Wayne

Postby Chase » Wed May 30, 2018 8:14 am

Zipping up her flight suit Chase came walking across the open area and straight toward a nearby deck officer. Words were quickly exchanged and she was off again. Passing by Lunda and Garth as she stepped up to the mechanic working on her ship.

"I hope you didn't do any-" she started but her voice dropped lower than was audible as the distance separated them. Still, sometimes Chases' voice rang out a bit louder.

"Oh come on you didn't-" she excitedly walked toward the cockpit, around it, inspecting the ship. Shaking her head once, twice, flicking the side of her head in a gesture that seemed to imply the mechanic wasn't thinking before signalling over to a droid that was coming up from behind her. Passing by Lunda and Garth as well as it continued on it's way.

Just another pilot in the background until...

"Fine! Fine! Whatever!" Chase shouted, pushing her flight helmet down onto a nearby crate. Saying something quickly to her droid she walked past it.

Stepping up close her gait slowed and she took in the area about the two quick before focusing in on his speeder, lifting a hand up toward it, "You planning on flying that in open space or something?"
Republic | Human | Lieutenant | Fighter Pilot
Heavy Blaster - Datapad - Utiility Belt
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Garth Wayne » Wed May 30, 2018 8:19 am

Chase wrote:Stepping up close her gait slowed and she took in the area about the two quick before focusing in on his speeder, lifting a hand up toward it, "You planning on flying that in open space or something?"

Garth shook his head and muttered something under his breath before taking a second to compose himself.

"Course no' sir. Just busy work, can't sleep wi' the drop time so close. The gearheads won't let me near the Spitfire, so...Tallulah gets another coat of wax." He shrugs at his superior officer.
Garth Wayne

Postby Lunda Mae » Wed May 30, 2018 8:27 am

Lunda watched curiously interested to see how the military works.

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Postby Chase » Wed May 30, 2018 11:51 am

"They're a bunch of self righteous -.." she glanced back over her shoulder at the mechanics but thought better of it, for once. Instead just pushing aside a box on a nearby crate to give herself a spot to sit among them. Kicking up a foot onto another smaller box.

"Anyway, spent damn near every waking moment of my life on a ship. You'd think these gearheads might take a lesson or two but they're fancy teachers taught 'em all too much. So, uh, Tallulah?"
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Garth Wayne » Wed May 30, 2018 1:48 pm

"Mmm hmm. All the best rides got girl names and while this one ain't real fancy or sophisticated, we've been through thick 'n thin t'gether."

"Dunno bout you, but the techs are right to keep me away from the ships." Garth starts shining his ride again as he mumbles. "Could've sworn that was where the coolant went, not the motor oil."
Garth Wayne

Postby Chase » Thu May 31, 2018 1:23 am

"Riiiight," she said, casting her glance over toward the woman in their company. "So, what about you? You don't look much like the flier type so I'm guessing you ain't here to pilot one of these bad boys off over my shoulder right?"
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Garth Wayne » Thu May 31, 2018 1:27 am

"That's Lunda," Garth explains as an introduction. "She's one of them Jedi, seems like good people. Here to help 'n all that."

"Have you heard about squad deployment yet Lieutenant?"
Garth Wayne

Postby Chase » Thu May 31, 2018 1:36 am

"Lunda, kinda a brick of a name but whatever suits you I guess," she shook her head to one, to the other, it was hard to tell exactly which as she slid from person to person as she spoke. "Nothing's come down to me just yet, but that's the life. Gotta be ready at the drop of a dime when you're the fastest dealer of high powered laser bolts delivered directly to the enemies of peace and justice and all that, right?"
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Garth Wayne » Thu May 31, 2018 1:41 am

"Fastest?" Garth mocks slightly.

"Isn't that why they call ya Chase? Cos ya always behind?"

"Tenant sir." He adds with a casual salute.
Garth Wayne

Next
Forum Statistics