Primary Bankor Resistance encampment in the region.

[D3 LA] Repair Costs

Postby Hacha Tsuko » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:42 am

The Duros was an odd sight to behold, his bulbous blue forehead studded with a not terribly well hidden cyberbrain implant. His frail looking body was still buckled with gear and a rifle that looked far too large for him, part stripped out.

"Oh my my my, yes yes yes, this looks like a wonderful hunk of junk." Hacha rubbbed his palms together with glee, his red pupilless eyes lighting up. From others, that might have been an insult, but from him it seemed like an odd compliment. "So much to fix! So much to...improve!!!"
--------------------
Hacha Tsuko | Tech Modder | Cyberbrain Implant | Flechette Rifle | Turtle's Mechanic
"You got something that needs fixing? No? Haha, that's adorable. Stand back and let me work."
Languages Spoken: Basic, Duro
Character Sheet
Hacha Tsuko

Re: [D3 LA] Repair Costs

Postby Nudimsu » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:23 pm

It was time to check on his ship. It was something he did not want to see today, due to it being a reminder of his failure to do his job, as well as the injuries delved upon his crew. Flying straight into the planet, the look of terror upon his crew's faces as he struggled to have some semblance of a landing. It did not bring out any warm feelings inside of him, to say the least.

So at least he could do was check in on its repairs and ensure that everything was fine. As he entered, he saw hull of his ship standing up there, with a few of the mechanical crew scrapping it together, using what they could to patch the hull and reseal it. With time, it could be repaired. Hopefully.

His eyes catch up with a Duros, a sight he was not expecting to say the least. At least he could take comfort that one of his race was keeping a eye on his ship; even the Chiss had dealings with the Duros, even way out in his homeworld. Even a few managed to joined the Ascendency, a impressive feat for any species. They were well known for their shipwrights and their pilots. Hopefully whomever this was would be no different. Though...improvements had him concerned while talking about his ship. "Excuse me, are you the one in charge of repairing that ship?" He spoke in Durese, any good pilot or trader knew it, even in Csilla.
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle

Equipment: Concealed Weapons, Commlink, Stimpack
Nudimsu

Postby Hacha Tsuko » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:30 pm

Hacha turned back with a gleeful expression on his face. "Ahhh, good 'ol Durese. As common as it is for spacers, I never get tired of hearing it. You speak it very well for a..." Hacha cocked his head to the side and took in the new arrival. It was a humanoid figure, of a similar hue of skin as to his own, but very different in face structure and build. It struck his as Pantoran, but something was off...never mind, it wasn't important. "A non-native speaker. You speak it better native speakers as well!"

Hacha breaks into a grin. "As to your question...well, no, I'm not in charge of it yet. But I would very much like to be! I had heard about the crash, and it's not every day that the chance to work on a ship like this comes around. She has so much potential!" There is almost something magical about the way that he says the final word.

"I am hoping that you will give me the chance to work on her...to make her next great work!"
--------------------
Hacha Tsuko | Tech Modder | Cyberbrain Implant | Flechette Rifle | Turtle's Mechanic
"You got something that needs fixing? No? Haha, that's adorable. Stand back and let me work."
Character Sheet
Hacha Tsuko

Postby Nudimsu » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:35 pm

"I have had dealings with the Duros in my day, as many have." He nods and looks at him, curious as to his implants. Someone who was not satisfied with what he was given at birth, no doubt. Or perhaps hoped to achieve more than his limitations. No matter, it had its uses. "The Turtle is my ship, yes. Having a Duros take a interest in is good, and something I can work with. If anything, this whole ordeal has taught me that having a mechanic around wouldn't be a terrible aspect, for sure, especially one who would actually know the ship. However, I can't just hand my ship and its reign over to just anyone, even a Duros."

He at the ship, then back at him. "For instance, your name would be a good start."
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle

Nudimsu

Postby Hacha Tsuko » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:42 pm

"Ahh, right you are good sir!" Hacha snaps his fingers and, inclines his head, offering the standard spacer body language of greeting. "My name is Hacha Tsuko, formerly of the Durese Construction Service. I have been making my way across the galaxy for some time now, mostly earning my room and board by helping to repair odds and ends. A waste of my talents, if you ask me, but they certainly didn't! It seems that the demand for builders and mechanics increases the further you get from the inner core, and it seems that I've found myself in a bit of a, how do you say, "hot" area, with no way off."

"Of course, it might be serendipitous. You seem to be in need of a being of mechanical bent, and I require a crew to join and a ship...and a challenge." Hacha offers another smile. "Of course, I have been horribly rude. I am told I am that quite often. What should I call you good sir?"
--------------------
Character Sheet
Hacha Tsuko

Postby Nudimsu » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:55 pm

"I can..." He pauses to adjust his cards from showing themselves. "...understand the sentiment. I am Nudimsu. Former of the Ascendency, now pilot and owner of the Turtle. It's fine for your rudeness; I am often told that I often lack the capacity of the social nicities; I care more about the results and what you would bring. You can leave the rest to the politicians." Looking him over again, his mind beings to go suspect. Gifts do not plop out of thin air. Perhaps there was a different angle to this. He had to press on.

"The Duros name does bring with it a certain expectation, but what is it that you think you can do with my ship? It doesn't leave a whole lot of space for customization. Hell, I had to make due with the additional anti-infantry upgrade I installed with it, as well as the music system that Nai'tiri demanded we put in there." Not that we would ever say no to her; Chiss women were very commanding...and her adopted Mandalorian attitude did not make things any easier.

Nudimsu

Postby Hacha Tsuko » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:53 am

"What can I improve?" Hacha seems almost insulted by the question. "I don't know what your expectations are ,but I exceed them." From someone else it might have come off as a boast. From Hacha's lips it seemed almost a statement of fact.

"Well, what's the nice thing about that class of ship is a couple of things: one, there's almost always fiddling to be done. That model there-" Hacha points at the wounded hulk of the Turtle, you would be surprised what can be fit in with a bit of creativity. You should have seen what I packed into this one prototype model...before it cost 500,000 credits over budger...and I was fired. But! As the humans say, it was, quote "pretty kriffing sweet!"
--------------------
Character Sheet
Hacha Tsuko

Postby Hacha Tsuko » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:35 am

[Roll to make sure that a repair for the Turtle goes in today]

Hacha is claiming the Turtle as his Signature Vehicle, which grants upgrades to Mechanics checks.
Assuming Difficulty 3 (Force and Destiny rules for getting a ship over threshold into the fight)

Fixing up the Turtle: 4eP+2eA+1eB+3eD
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

EDIT: I checked with DD. I needed one more Difficulty Die
Fixing up the Turtle (extra Difficulty die): 1eD 0 successes, 1 threat

Final result of 2 successes, 4 advantage
--------------------
Character Sheet
Hacha Tsuko

Postby Nudimsu » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:15 pm

He grins at the thought of a well maintained ship. Jobs would start to line themselves in, for sure. "Well...I can very well assure you I don't have 500K worth of credits on hand, so do keep that in mind if you're planning on it. It's something to consider for you."For instance, an improvement to its overall engine performance would be something I would want. I usually end up having to extend myself a bit with the engine in order to be able to start to maneuver with it. Be nice if I didn't."

Nudimsu

Postby Hacha Tsuko » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:36 pm

Relief washes over Hacha's face as Nudimsu smiles back at him.

"Hah! That is one lesson learned. Ever since I began my travels, I have learned how to do more with less...as opposed to "more is more".

"An engine upgrade...well, it might not need to be that as much as potential thruster upgrades. As I work, I will try to room open for new parts. It would be a shame to get her running but use up all that glorious space for improvements!
--------------------
Character Sheet
Hacha Tsuko

Postby Nudimsu » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:50 pm

He didn't realize there were other ways around the speed limitations. Already, he was impressed. "Very well, then. You have at least have shown me you live up to your species' reputation. What else do you think you can do with her?"

Nudimsu

Postby Hacha Tsuko » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:40 pm

Hacha found himself primping himself up a little. "Well, it will take getting to know her a bit better, but I've never known any stock model where you couldn't find a place to squeeze some hidden compartments. Also..."

Hacha dumps the sack he is carrying, dropping a heavy, boxy looking gun. "I came across this recently. It's an interesting design...what energy would have been transferred to power a blaster bolt is transferred to a disaster savor. I'm pretty sure I could make a ship sized railgun on that design...with enough time and materials of course. That should punch up your armaments!"
--------------------
Character Sheet
Hacha Tsuko

Postby Nudimsu » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:32 pm

If he could get a good shot, it could take out that annoying Mandalorian pilot who helped shoot him down. A little turnabout wouldn't be the worst thing he could do during this trip. It took all his mental fortitude to hide his anger from peeling inside of him. It was a lot of emotions to deal with; unexpected during this event, but nobody hurts his crew.

"You have my interest. I want to see your work in action, though. So when the time comes, I want the other crew to see what you're capable of. You impress them, you'll have a part on my ship for awhile. Then we will all make a name for ourselves." That was the point of coming here, right? Make a mark in this battlefield.

Nudimsu

Postby Hacha Tsuko » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:12 am

Hacha nods. "I think they will be satisfied with the results. If I may?" He indicates toward the ship.
--------------------
Character Sheet
Hacha Tsuko

Postby Nudimsu » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:47 am

"Go ahead and get started. When I can gather them together, I'll show them your work and they can decide for themselves." He nods sincerely and looks on as he starts.

Nudimsu

Postby Hacha Tsuko » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:51 pm

"Alright." Hacha cracks his knuckles and pulls out his tools. "It's time to get to work!"

(See roll results to justify fluff)

By the time Hacha is done, hours later, the turtle doesn't exactly roar. It does, however, sputter to life upon request and is capable of limping back to a better equipped shipyard.

Inside, signs of scarring seem negligible. In fact, it arguably seems better than before. Throughout the ship there are now a number of readpit consoles for easy access, repurposed from the backup parts from the entertainment suite. It also looks as if Hacha has made room for further improvements down the line.
--------------------
Character Sheet
Hacha Tsuko

Forum Statistics